HVACR NJ License Information and Bond Information – Purchase
NEW JERSEY, NJ, HEATING, COOLING, VENTILATING, REFRIGERATION CONTRACTORS need a $3,000. surety license bond when applying for the new HVACR license. The bond will be effective the date processed and will expire June 30, 2016. (same term as the license) (This date has been confirmed by the acting director of the HVACR Board and all the members of the HVACR Board during one of the several monthly meetings which James Franchino personally attended)
The term of the bond coincides with the two (2) year license. The cost of this bond from this agency is $50. for the two year term. The bond must be mailed to you since it has an original seal on it. It cannot be emailed or faxed.
This bond is required by the NJ Board Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors. It’s intention is to protect the public and requires the HVACR contractor to follow the rules of the board. example: If a HVACR contractor fails to perform a job, the customer complains to the board, and the contractor fails to make good, the NJ Board of HVACR Contractors will require that the bonding company providing the surety bond pay to the customer up to $3,000. to make good. The surety (bonding) company can then go after the contractor to get back the money paid out.
The HVACR rules and regulations state that a master plumber bond can be used for the HVACR license, however the terms of the bond are different and do not coincide.
- The term of a plumber bond is from: July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2015 (renewal July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2017)
- The HVACR bond is from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2016.
- As you can see each two year bond has different effective and expirations dates.
- The only option is to purchase the two bonds. At $50. for each bond it is affordable.
The Franchino Insurance Agency is one of the prime issuers of NJ Master Plumber Bonds, NJ Electrical Bonds, Alarm – Locksmith Bonds. We are quick and efficient!
- The grandfathering period ended August 31st to become a Master HVACR contractor without taking a test. PSI will be administering the exam at various sites throughout the state. The test will be taken on a computer with results upon completion of the test. Please contact the HVACR Board concerning licensing.
- The bond is necessary to hold a Master HVACR Contractor License.
- General liability is mandatory for all HVACR licensed contractors who intend to serve the public (be in business). If you are an employee of an HVACR business you do not need your own general liability insurance, however if you decide to do “side work” then you will need general liability insurance.
- All HVACR businesses need general liability insurance. The licensed holder does not need the general liability insurance – the business does. The insurance policy is written in the name of the business. The bond is in the license holder’s name.
- An HVACR business must have a designated licensed HVACR holder. This person is called a Bonafide representative. It is the responsibility for the bonafide representative to make sure that the business has general liability insurance of at least $500,000.
- Please contact this agency to obtain a quote and purchase the coverage. Go to our NJ HVACR BUSINESS PAGE
- HVACR Board Website
- HVACR website Rules & Regulations
- HVACR website Questions & Answers
PURCHASE A MASTER HVACR BOND
PURCHASE BOND ONLINE – Pay Online by Credit or Debit Card — $50.
PURCHASE BOND BY MAIL – print out an application form, mail with check (.pdf)
Bonds are processed and mailed within three business days. Bond numbers will not be given out over the phone. Please wait for the mail. Bonds cannot be faxed; must be mailed because of the original seal on it.
GET A QUOTATION
Learn about HVACR Contractor licensing in New Jersey – NEWS! (2015) This agency wants to provide liability, commercial auto, workers compensation, etc. coverage for you! Go to our NJ HVACR BUSINESS PAGE learn, and request a quote.