New Jersey, NJ Builders Risk Insurance

Builders Risk InsuranceBuilders Risk insurance is available for personal and commercial buildings under construction.  When constructing a building a special type of coverage is needed called BUILDERS RISK.  It provides protection for the structure from perils such as fire, lighting, windstorm, etc. Purchase of this coverage is necessary before construction starts.  If it is purchased after construction starts, then it becomes more difficult to obtain, and more costly!

Give us a call if you are considering constructing a home, dwelling, apartment, office building, manufacturing building, store, or any type of building, any construction type.

  • All types of construction
  • Frame
  • Masonry
  • Fire resistant, etc.

General liability is needed in addition to builders risk.  Builders risk covers the physical building.  To make it simple, general liability provides coverage in case someone gets hurt on the property during construction.

Special Program – Builders Risk Insurance for Homeowners

We have a great unique product.  If you are having a contractor build a home from the ground up and it will be your personal home upon completion, we can write a HOMEOWNERS POLICY INSTEAD OF A BUILDERS RISK POLICY.  You must purchase coverage before construction begins and the builder must have contractors general liability. If you are acting as the general contractor then this program is not applicable.  Better coverage, and better premium! The homeowners policy provides coverage for the building and general liability.


  • You must supply us with a certificate of insurance from the builder. The holder will be this agency.
  • If there is an existing structure that needs demolition coverage cannot be started until after the demolition.
  • The home to be built is solely for the use of the homeowner as a primary or secondary home.
  • No rental properties
  • No spec houses.
  • Home is to be used as the prime residence
  • Policy is not available for builders
  • Construction has not started
  • No structures exists on the property (coverage can be started upon the demolition of the structure)
  • Builder must have general liability and provide a certificate of insurance naming yourself as certificate holder and additional insured.
  • Certificate of insurance is to be provided with this agency as certificate holder. (no additional insured needed)
  • NO “spec” houses to be sold to others for a profit.
  • Proof of no existing or prior oil tank(s) have been properly removed
  • Loss runs from current homeowners policy showing no liability losses in the last 3 years
  • NO EFIS (stucco over foam) “Traditional” stucco is acceptable. If the home is to have any stucco, proof will have to be supplied as to the type and method used to apply.
  • Pool cannot have a slide. Low diving boards are acceptable.
  • No trampolines
  • No dogs with a bite history and the following: American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terriers, All American Pit Bulls, Rottweiler, Chow Chows, and any mixture thereof. The following dogs are acceptable only with a written statement from a licensed veterinarian who is familiar with the dog: German Shepherd, Doberman Pinscher, Malamute, Husky, Akita, Dalmatian, Dingo, and any mixture thereof.
  • No horse boarding.

Mature homeowners credit can be applied if one owner is age 55 or over, does not work, and his home during the day.

We have a program for homes that are to undergo major renovation for or by homeowners. Please complete survye.


GET A QUOTE – Download or complete our online builders risk survey form

Please give us a call or complete our form Download (.pdf) BUILDERS RISK SURVEY FORM