Purchase a New Jersey Electrical Contractor Business Permit Bond
A NEW JERSEY ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR BUSINESS PERMIT LICENSE BOND is needed when a NJ ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR applies for or renews their NJ ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR BUSINESS PERMIT. A ONE THOUSAND ($1,000) surety bond (cannot be higher or lower) is required. The cost of the bond from this agency is $50. (FIFTY DOLLARS) per three year term. The current term is from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2021. This bond is required by the NJ Board of Electrical Contractors for all Electrical Contractors holding a BUSINESS PERMIT and it’s intention is to protect the public for lack of performance of a job. Example: If an electrical contractor fails to finish a job and the customer complains to the board, the NJ Board of Electrical Contractors will order that the bonding company pay to the customer up to $1,000 (ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) to make good. The surety (bonding) company can still go after the electrical contractor to get back their money.
Cost of the bond is $50 for the three year term. If purchased mid-way through the term the cost is still $50. This agency issues more bonds than any other agency in the state. We are quick and efficient!
- Electrical bonds are issued in the name of the business. (NOT the license holder’s individual name)
- Electricians who have passed the license exam need to purchase a bond only if they plan on going into business. The bond is necessary for the business permit, not the license. The bond should be mailed to the Electrical Board (NJ Division of Consumer Affairs) along with the application for the Business Permit
- A new bond number is required for renewal. You cannot use your former bond number.
- This agency issues a new bond number for every renewal cycle. Existing bonds expire June 30, 2020, therefore a new bond is required to renew the business permit.
- Bonds will be emailed or mailed 24 to 48 business hours after your online purchase.
- The bond is different from general liability insurance, which is also needed to maintain the business permit.
We produce the bond electronically (.pdf format). RENEWAL bonds will be EMAILED. There is no need to send you the physical bond. The board no longer requires it. If they ever want the actual bond we will promptly mail it to you. For NEW business permits we will MAIL the bond since the electrical board requires the original bond.
PURCHASE AN ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR BOND for the 2018-2021 term
ONLINE PURCHASE for the 2018-2021 term – Pay by credit or debit card – $50
Print out an application for the 2018-2021 term – Printable application form, mail with a check (.pdf)
We also want to provide liability, commercial auto, workers compensation for your business! – CALL US at 973-377-6100 – or . .
For an exact quote for your business, complete our NJ ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR BUSINESS SURVEY
For more information go to our MAIN ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR BUSINESS PAGE