New Jersey, NJ Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
It is very important for all business who have employees purchase Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI). Coverage can be provided as a stand-alone policy or included in one of our outstanding packages.
Many times the claim against an employer is unfounded, however the defense costs are high. By purchasing an Employment Practices Liability Insurance Policy (NJ) both the attorney’s defense costs and settlement will be covered. Policy limits can be $100,000., $250,000., $500,000., or 1 million.
Employers can be sued for . . .
- Wrongful termination of employees
- sexual harasement
- Personal injury arising out of employment practices
Personal injury is defined as: False arrest, detention or imprisonment, malicious prosecution, wrongful eviction from / into and invasion of the right of private occupancy of a room, dwelling, or premises that a person occupies by or on behalf of its owner, landlord, or lessor, oral or written publication of material that slanders or libels a person or organization, etc., or disparages a person’s or organization’s goods, products, or services oral or written publication of material that violates a person’s right of privacy.
- Any other unfair employment practices, including but not limited to:
- Wrongful failure to promote, or employ
- Negligent supervision of hiring
- Negligent evaluation
- Failure to employ or promote
- Deprivation of career opportunity
- All discrimination acts
- Wrongful disclipline or demotion
- Wrongful termination
- Wrongful infliction of emotional distress
- Negligent performance or evaluations
- Employment related misrepresentation
- Mismanagement of employee benefit plans
Federal laws that address employment liability include:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Civil Rights Acto of 1991, which amended Title VII for the claimant and gave claimants the right to jury trial
- The Family Medical Leave Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Please call us to discuss your needs.