HVACR NJ License Information, Bond Information & Purchase
NEW JERSEY, NJ, HEATING, COOLING, VENTILATING, REFRIGERATION CONTRACTORS need a $3,000 surety license bond for new applicants and for renewal of the HVACR license.
Purchase a bond from this agency for your HVACR license. RENEWAL TERM: July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2022. The term of the bond coincides with the two (2) year license.
The cost of this bond from this agency is $50 for the two year term.
This bond is required by the NJ Board Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors. It’s intention is to protect the public and requires the HVACR contractor to follow the rules of the board. Example: If a HVACR contractor fails to perform a job, the customer complains to the board, and the contractor fails to make good, the NJ Board of HVACR Contractors will require that the bonding company providing the surety bond pay to the customer up to $3,000 to make good. The surety (bonding) company can then go after the contractor to get back the money paid out.
Who needs insurance and who needs a bond?
- The bond is necessary to hold a Master HVACR Contractor License. All license holders need a bond.
- The bond is issued in the license holder’s personal name (not the business name).
- General liability is mandatory for all HVACR licensed contractors who intend to serve the public (be in business).
- If you are an employee of an HVACR business you do not need your own general liability insurance, however if you do “side work” then you will need general liability insurance. “Side work” is owning a business.
- All HVACR businesses need general liability insurance. The licensed holder does not need the general liability insurance – the business does. The insurance policy is written in the name of the business. The bond is in the license holder’s name.
- An HVACR business must have a designated licensed HVACR holder. This person is called a Bonafide representative. It is the responsibility for the bonafide representative to make sure that the business has general liability insurance of at least $500,000.
How we issue the bond.
- Bonds are processed and EMAILED within 24 business hours by an employee of FRANCHINO INSURANCE, not a computer. Please wait for the email.
- This agency issues a new bond number for every renewal cycle. YOU CANNOT USE YOUR EXISTING 16-18 BOND NUMBER TO RENEW YOUR LICENSE. The HVACR Board is checking! YOU MUST PURCHASE A BOND FOR THE 18-20 TERM.
- When you receive our email with bond attached, save it to your computer so you can upload it to the HVACR renewal form.
PURCHASE A MASTER HVACR BOND
PURCHASE A BOND ONLINE FOR THE RENEWAL TERM 2020 – 2022 – Pay Online by Credit or Debit Card — $50.
View and PRINT a bond application to be mailed to this agency for the RENEWAL TERM 2020-2022 – Print out an application form for the 2020-2022 term, mail with a check (.pdf)
GET A QUOTATION FOR YOUR BUSINESS (GENERAL LIABILITY, etc.)
COMPLETE AN ONLINE HEATING, VENTILATION and AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) CONTRACTOR SURVEY FORM – This agency wants to write your business insurance!
Learn – Education
- Link to Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors Association
- Consider Dan O’Gorman for your educational training courses. Visit his website DAN O’GORMAN TRAINING