New Jersey, NJ, Master Plumbers License Bond Information & Purchase
NJ MASTER PLUMBING CONTRACTORS need a three thousand dollar ($3,000.) surety bond when obtaining or renewing the license. The cost of this bond from this agency is $50. (fifty dollars) per the two year term.
This bond is required by the NJ Board of Master Plumbers and it’s intention is to protect the public. If a plumbing contractor fails to perform a job, the customer complains to the board, and if the plumbing contractor fails to make good, the NJ Board of Master Plumbers will require that the bonding company providing the surety bond pay to the customer up to $3,000. to make good. The surety (bonding) company can then go after the plumbing contractor to get back the money paid out. The bond does not take the place of general liability insurance.
Plumbing bonds are issued in the master plumber’s individual name. All NJ licensed master plumbers need a bond. They do not need to own or operate a plumbing business.
- Plumbers who have just passed the license exam need to purchase a bond and must mail it to the Master Plumbers Board (NJ Division of Consumer Affairs) with the application for the license.
- Plumbers who are renewing the bond will retain the bond in their file for future reference but must insert the bond number, name of bonding company in the online renewal application for the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs. (tip – the state website will not work correctly with Chrome browser)
- Bonds are processed and emailed or mailed within 24 to 48 business hours days by an employee of FRANCHINO INSURANCE, not a computer.
- Bond numbers will NOT be given out over the phone. Bonds cannot be faxed.
- This agency issues a new bond number for every renewal cycle. You cannot use your existing bond number for the online license renewal. Wait for your new bond number.
- If you are a licensed HVACR contractor and a licensed NJ master plumber, 2 bonds are needed, one for each license.
PURCHASE A PLUMBERS BOND – Cost is $50. for the two (2) year term
- PURCHASE RENEWAL PLUMBERS BOND ONLINE For the upcoming RENEWAL term JULY 1, 2019 to JUNE 30, 2021
PAY by CREDIT or DEBIT CARD – $50.
(We use PayPal for processing. You do NOT have to be a member of PayPal!)
- PRINTABLE PLUMBERS BOND APPLICATION Don’t want to purchase online, then print out application form and mail it to us with a check
You need more than the bond. You also need business insurance – General Liability, Commercial Auto, Workers Compensation, etc.
GET AN EXACT QUOTE FOR YOUR BUSINESS Complete our online PLUMBING CONTRACTOR SURVEY FORM
Go to our main NJ PLUMBING CONTRACTOR BUSINESS PAGE
Information about workers compensation for Master Plumbers:WORKERS COMPENSATION
Consider Dan O’Gorman for your educational training. Visit his website DAN O’GORMAN TRAINING